Schezwan fried rice recipe with step by step pictures and video | how to make schezwan fried rice
The Indo-Chinese is a much-loved cuisine among the Indians owing to its bold flavors and fresh, robust tastes. Fried rice is a very versatile dish and you can make so many versions depending on the availability of ingredients and choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian. What sets apart the different varieties of fried rice is the choice of sauces; soy, schezwan, black bean, and so on. Today I am sharing a very simple, quick, and easy version of veg schezwan fried rice recipe.
The best part is that you can have the schezwan fried rice own its own. It’s a complete meal it itself and you don’t need any side dish with it. It’s completely loaded with the goodness lots of fresh vegetables in every bite. The homemade paneer is a fitting addition to this vegetarian fried rice recipe.
Who knew you could make amazing fried rice with no eggs or chicken! Schezwan sauce is the most important ingredient and that’s why I used my own homemade sauce because it makes a world of difference. You can never get the deep, intense flavors with the store-bought schezwan sauce. This is the best ever schezwan fried rice recipe that you can make at home in under 30 minutes.
You can also make chicken schezwan fried rice by adding diced fried chicken instead of paneer.
more indo chinese recipes
If you would like to check out more Indo-Chinese recipes, please check click on the links given below.
- Chicken Fried Rice Recipe with Vegetables and Eggs
- Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
- Restaurant Style Dry Chilli Chicken Recipe
- Restaurant Style Dry Schezwan Chicken Recipe
- Spinach & Corn Tikki Sandwich – Fusion Recipe
For recipes of homemade paneer and schezwan sauce, please visit the links given below.
Coming back to today’s recipe, here is the video of schezwan fried rice recipe on our YouTube channel. Do subscribe, share, and give it a thumbs up.
how to make schezwan fried rice
- Cooked rice - 5 cups
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp, crushed
- Garlic – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chilies – 2, split lengthwise
- Vegetables - 2.5 cups, finely chopped (French beans, English carrots, cabbage, capsicum)
- Homemade paneer – ½ cup (Recipe here)
- Spring onion greens – 2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce – ½ tbsp
- Homemade schezwan sauce – 3 tbsp (Recipe here)
- Salt – to taste
- Ajinomoto/MSG – ½ tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet. Add the onions and sauté until they turn pink.
- Then add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for a minute stirring often.
- Add in all the vegetables and sauté for a minute tossing them constantly.
- Add the schezwan sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, and ajinomoto. Mix well.
- Toss in the paneer and mix.
- Finally, add rice and toss them well with the veggie and sauces.
- Coat the rice well and let them get heated through. Garnish with spring onion greens and give it a final mix.
- Vegetable schezwan fried rice is ready. Serve hot as is or with your favorite side. Enjoy!
schezwan fried rice recipe with step by step pictures below
Prepare the ingredients for schezwan fried rice recipe. Chop up the vegetables, lay out the rice, seasonings, and sauces.
Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or skillet. Add a finely chopped medium-sized onion and sauté until they turn pink.
Then add 1 tsp crushed ginger and 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic. Sauté for a minute stirring often.
Add in 2.5 cups of finely chopped mixed vegetables; French beans, English carrots, cabbage, and capsicum. Sauté for a minute tossing them constantly.
Add 3 tbsp schezwan sauce, ½ tbsp. dark soy sauce, salt to taste, and ½ tsp ajinomoto. Mix well.
Toss in ½ cup cubed paneer and mix.
Finally, add 5 cups of cooked white rice, and toss them well with the veggie and sauces.
Coat the rice well and let them get heated through. Garnish 2 tbsp chopped spring onion greens and give it a final mix.
Vegetable schezwan fried rice recipe is ready. Serve hot as is or with your favorite side. Enjoy!