Sandwiches are a lifesaver; no two ways about it. Whether you are in a hurry or have a few ingredients at hand, you can always whip up a delectable, filling sandwich in no time. One of my all time favorite vegetarian sandwich recipes is this one. Creamy, delicately seasoned, brimming with the goodness of fresh vegetables, featuring a beautiful texture, the veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe is one of a kind.
Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe – Plain or Grilled
You can either chill the veg mayo salad and make a plain sandwich with it. It is ideal for your kid’s tiffin because it stays fresh and delicious even after several hours. Alternatively, you can make it the way I do. Grilled with cheese in it, the veg mayo sandwich has a rich buttery flavor that is hard to resist.
More Veg Sandwich Recipes
Here are some more interesting vegetarian sandwich recipes that you might like.
- Tandoori Paneer Sandwich Recipe
- Aloo Tikki & Coleslaw Sandwich Recipe
- Paneer & Bell Pepper Sandwich Recipe
- Mix Veg Patty Sandwich Recipe
- Creamed Spinach Open Toast Sandwich
- Spinach Corn Tikki Sandwich – Fusion Recipe
I like to have this veg sandwich with mayonnaise for breakfast or brunch with a glass of fruit milkshake. It keeps me energized until dinner time. It’s a no fuss, quick and easy sandwich recipe which you can make within minutes. Got hungry kids badgering you for snacks, make them these yummy veggie mayo sandwich and I am sure they would happily finish them all up. Now let’s take a look at the preparation and ingredients of the veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe with step by step pictures.
How to Make Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe?
- Tomato - ⅓ cup, finely chopped
- Onion - ⅓ cup, finely chopped
- Cabbage - 1 cup, grated
- Sweet corn - ⅓ cup, boiled
- Capsicum - ⅓ cup, chopped
- Green chilies - 3, finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp or to taste
- Mayonnaise - ¾ cup
- Green chilies - 3, finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - ¾ tsp, freshly ground
- Dry mango powder - ½ tsp
- Cheese slices
- To make the filling for the veg mayo sandwich, combine all the vegetables in a bowl; onion, tomato, capsicum, cabbage, and sweet corn.
- Also, add in the green chilies. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper, dry mango powder/amchur, sugar, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise and give it a final mix. Veg mayo sandwich filling is ready.
- Now let's assemble the sandwich.Butter a slice of bread. Spread the vegetable mayonnaise filling on it,
- Place a cheese slice and pack the sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Apply butter on the outer side of the sandwich.
- Place the sandwich on the hot grill or tawa, buttered side down. Toast the sandwich until golden and crispy.
- Apply butter on the other side as well. Flip the sandwich and toast well on the other side too.
- Cut the sandwich into triangles. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe with Step by Step Pictures Below
Here are the ingredients for the stuffing of the veg mayo sandwich; vegetables, mayo, and seasoning.
Choose the bread according to your liking. I have brown bread here, some butter, and cheese slices.
To make the filling for the veg mayo sandwich, combine 1 cup grated cabbage, 1/3 cup finely chopped onion, 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato, 1/3 cup finely chopped capsicum, and 1/3 cup boiled sweet corn.
Spice it up with 3 green chilies finely chopped. Season the vegetables with salt to taste, 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice. Give it a mix.
Add in 3/4 cup mayonnaise.
Mix well. Filling for the veg mayonnaise sandwich is ready.
To assemble the sandwich, you will need about 16 bread slices, 8 cheese slices, and some butter. Apply butter onto a bread slice.
Generously spread some veg mayo salad filling onto the buttered slice of bread.
Place a slice of cheese of your choice.
Pack the sandwich with another slice of bread. Apply butter on the outside too.
Place the sandwich on the hot grill or tawa, buttered side down. Apply butter onto the other side.
Grill the sandwich until it’s golden and crispy on both sides.
Veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe is ready. Cut it into triangles. Serve hot. Enjoy!