Salted lassi recipe (सॉल्टेड लस्सी रेसिपी) with step by step pictures is cooling drink for summer. Lassi is a curd or yogurt based beverage. The sweet Punjabi lassi is a popular drink and this salty lassi is a delicious contrast. Lassi is good for the digestive system because curd is a probiotic food.
How to Make Salted Lassi
Dahi ki lassi (दही की नमकीन लस्सी) is a thick, rich drink with froth on top from the churning. It is thicker than buttermilk or chass. Traditionally, lassi is made by churning yogurt, some water, and spices using a wooden churner or madani. If you do not have a churner, you may use a whisk or even an electric blender. I have used a blender and the lassi turned out spectacular. All the ingredients should be chilled. Always use full fat yogurt or dahi. Adding a few cubes of ice cubes will make your lassi frothier.
This is a very basic and easy to make plain lassi recipe. The salty lassi is also known as namkeen lassi (नमकीन लस्सी रेसिपी) in Hindi. Apart from this salty variation, there are other types of lassi like sweet lassi, fruit based lassi like mango lassi and strawberry lassi. This salted lassi recipe is a good way to incorporate dahi or curd in your diet during the hot sunny days.
Now let’s take a look at the salted lassi ingredients and method of preparation.
how to make salted lassi recipe
- Full fat curd / dahi - 2 cups
- Chilled water - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Black salt / Kala namak - ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder / jeera powder - ¾ tsp
- Ice - 3 to 4 cubes, optional
- Mint leaves - for garnish
- Combine curd/dahi, water, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder, water, and ice in a blender. Add the regular salt with caution because the black salt is slightly salty too.
- Blend everything together for a few seconds until well combined and frothy.
- Pour the lassi into the glasses. Garnish the lassi with mint leaves.
- Salted lassi recipe is ready. Serve chilled. If you wish to serve it later, keep it in fridge and it will stay fresh for several hours. Enjoy!
salted lassi recipe with step by step pictures below
Gather the ingredients for making the salted lassi recipe.
Combine 2 cups full fat curd/dahi, 1/2 cup chilled water, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp black salt, 3/4 cup roasted cumin powder, and 3-4 cubes of ice (optional) in a blender. Add the regular salt with caution because the black salt is slightly salty too.
Blend everything together for a few seconds until well combined and frothy.
Pour the lassi into the glasses. Garnish the lassi with mint leaves.
Salted lassi recipe is ready. Serve chilled. If you wish to serve it later, keep it in fridge and it will stay fresh for several hours. Enjoy!