paneer capsicum recipe with step by step pictures | paneer shimla mirch sabzi recipe
Looking for jhatpat sabzi recipes for days you don’t have a lot of time to cook? Here is one of the simplest, quickest stir-fry recipes – paneer capsicum sabzi (पनीर कैप्सिकम सब्जी) or paneer shimla mirch sabzi (पनीर शिमला मिर्च सब्जी).
This is a very different paneer capsicum recipe from what you would usually across. It has a generous dash of light soy sauce for umaminess, robustness from the masala, and a thick gravy with a beautiful glaze wrapping around the paneer and the capsicum.
I have used Everest Meat Masala to make the paneer capsicum sabzi. Although it is used to make meat curries, the masala itself is vegetarian. So the vegetarians out there can use it to make this curry. If you are still not comfortable, you may use kitchen king masala instead.
the texture of the paneer shimla mirch sabzi
The paneer shimla mirch sabzi is on the dry side. It is mostly about the play of textures. Everything ha a slight crunch because of stir-frying on high heat. The flavours are beautiful as well. The onions, capsicum, tomato, everything is sliced lengthwise so all of it can stand out well. There is a lot of julienned ginger and minced garlic that adds to not only the flavours but also the texture.
You can make the paneer capsicum recipe for lunchbox or school tiffin because it barely takes 20 minutes to put it together. Paneer capsicum sabzi tastes amazing with hot phulka smeared with butter. They taste spectacular with naan and khamiri roti. Today I have served them with khameeri roti.
Now let’s take a look at the preparation and ingredients of paneer shimla mirch sabzi.
how to make stir-fry paneer capsicum recipe
- Paneer - 250 grams, cubed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 medium, sliced
- Garlic - 2 tbsp, minced
- Ginger - ½ inch julienned
- Green chilies - 2, slit
- Tomato - 1 medium, sliced lengthwise
- Capsicum - 2 medium, julienned
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Everest meat masala - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 2 pinches for fragrance
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Light soy sauce - ½ tbsp
- Cornstarch - ½ tsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Fresh coriander - for garnish
- To make paneer capsicum recipe, start off by making the cornstarch slurry. Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl and give it a good mix. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or skillet on high flame. Toss in the onions. Stir fry them for a few seconds until they turn translucent.
- Add in the ginger and garlic and stir fry for a few seconds. Do not let the color of the garlic change.
- Tip in the capsicum and tomato. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Season everything with the red chili powder, garam masala and Everest meat masala.
- Also add the light soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Add the paneer and stir fry it with the masala.
- Finally, add the slurry. Stir fry it on high flame for a few seconds. The gravy will thicken and coat the shimla mirch and paneer.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to balance the sweetness from sugar. Add the green chilies and fresh coriander.
- Give it a final mix and take it off the heat.
- Quick and easy stir-fried paneer and capsicum recipe is ready.
- Serve the paneer and capsicum sabzi hot with roti or naan.
paneer shimla mirch recipe with step by step pictures below
To make paneer capsicum recipe, start off by making the cornstarch slurry. Combine 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl and give it a good mix. Set it aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai or skillet on high flame. Toss in 1 medium onion, finely sliced. Stir fry them for a few seconds until they turn translucent.
Add in 1/2-inch julienned ginger and 2 tbsp minced garlic and stir fry for a few seconds. Do not let the color of the garlic change.
Tip in 2 medium sliced capsicums and 1 medium sliced tomato. Stir fry for a few seconds.
Season everything with 1 tsp red chili powder, 2 pinches of garam masala and 1 tsp Everest meat masala.
Also add 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce.
Season with 1 tsp sugar, and salt to taste.
Give it a good mix.
Add 250 grams cubed paneer and stir fry it with the masala.
Finally, add the cornstarch slurry. Stir fry it on high flame for a few seconds. The gravy will thicken and coat the shimla mirch and paneer.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice to balance the sweetness from sugar. Add 2 slit green chilies and some fresh coriander.
Give it a final mix and take it off the heat. Quick and easy stir-fried paneer and capsicum recipe is ready.
Serve the paneer and capsicum sabzi hot with khameeri roti or naan.