Restaurant Style Paneer Bhurji | Recipe of Paneer Bhurji with Gravy
The paneer bhurji gravy recipe (पनीर भुर्जी ग्रेवी रेसिपी) is a much-loved vegetarian version of scrambled eggs made with farmer;’s cheese or Indian cottage cheese. Loaded with proteins, this delicious side dish has a texture that will make you fall in love with it instantly. The homemade paneer is soft, creamy and melt-in-mouth with a hint of light graininess from the curdling of milk. This is the restaurant style paneer bhurji with gravy and the addition of cashew paste makes it creamier and richer. The paneer bhurji masala is made with onions, tomato puree, cashews and spices drape the tiny specs of paneer in its lusciousness. The gravy has sweetness from the onions and the tang from the tomatoes.
Serving Suggestion for Paneer Bhurji Gravy Recipe
As yummy as it looks, this scrambled paneer recipe is incredibly easy to make and you can have with both roti and bread toasted with some butter, the latter being my favorite. Don’t forget to have some sliced onion on the side as it takes the bhurji-bread combo up a notch . I make my own paneer from fresh full-cream milk at home, because it works great for paneer bhurji gravy recipe. You can check out the procedure for making paneer at home with step by step pictures here.
I highly recommend using the ready-made tomato puree because it has a certain level of umaminess that’s very much desirable. Pureeing tomatoes at home and using them won’t yield the same results.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients and preparation of paneer bhurji gravy recipe.
How to Make Paneer Bhurji Gravy Recipe
- Scrambled Paneer/Farmer’s cheese – 200 grams
- Onions – 4 medium, finely chopped
- Tomato puree – ⅔ cup
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – ½ –inch piece
- Green chilies – 3, chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp (byadgi)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- MDH Kitchen King Masala – 2 tsp
- Kasoori methi – ½ tbsp, lightly roasted
- Cashews - 15, boiled for 10 minutes & ground to a paste
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Water - ¾ cup
- Coal - one small piece
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and add onions to it. Sauté them till they are golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the oil begins to separate.
- Add the salt and spice powders; turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and MDH Kitchen King Masala. Mix well.
- Add the cashew paste and cook for a minute. The masala will look glossy.
- Add water and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Add paneer, kasoori methi, green chilies, and coriander leaves. Cook till the paneer gets heated through. Switch off the heat.
- Keep a small bowl in the center of the skillet and place a piece of charcoal that has been burned on the stove until red hot.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil on the hot coal and immediately cover the skillet. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the bowl out. Paneer bhurji gravy recipe is ready.
- Serve the paneer bhurji gravy hot with toasted bread and onion slices.
Paneer Bhurji Gravy Recipe with Step by Step Pictures Below
Gather the ingredients for making the paneer bhurji gravy recipe.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and add 4 medium finely chopped onions. Sauté them until they turn pink and soft.
Add the 1/2-inch crushed ginger and 8 cloves of crushed garlic and sauté until the raw smell goes away.
Add 2/3 cup tomato puree and cook till the oil begins to separate.
Add the salt to taste and spice powders; 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder (byadgi), 1 tsp coriander powder and 2 tsp MDH Kitchen King Masala. Mix well. You may adjust the spices as per your taste.
Add the paste of 15 cashews that have been boiled and ground finely. Cook for a minute.
The paneer bhurji masala will look glossy.
Add 3/4 cup water and bring the gravy to a boil.
Add 200 grams of scrambled paneer, 1/2 tbsp lightly roasted kasoori methi, 3 green chilies chopped, and 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves . Cook till the paneer gets heated through.
Turn off the heat. Keep a small bowl in the center of the skillet and place a piece of charcoal that has been burned on the stove until red hot.
Pour a teaspoon of oil on the hot coal.
Immediately cover the skillet. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
Paneer bhurji gravy recipe is ready.
Serve the paneer bhurji gravy hot with toasted bread and onion slices.