Beverages are awesome. A hot one can keep you warm and comfortable on colder days. A cool, refreshing drink rejuvenates the exhausted you on a sultry summer afternoon. It’s been really hot lately and we all have been craving for some respite. A drink that is chilled, sweet, milky, and flavorful all at the same time feels so welcome. Cold coffee is one such popular drink that not only satiates your thirst but also gives you some much-needed energy. The beautiful aroma of coffee mingles with the richness of milk. Topped with some ice cream and grated chocolate; the mundane coffee transforms into a drink that’s deliciously phenomenal. You can make this cold coffee recipe (कोल्ड कॉफ़ी रेसिपी) at home with the ingredients that are so very easily available.
Making Cold Coffee at Home
Making cold coffee is incredibly simple. You just need some really good instant coffee, some fresh full-fat or whole milk, and some good quality chocolate and chocolate syrup. Vanilla ice cream works the best for this cold coffee recipe. Although you could also use chocolate ice cream if you like. I feel that the flavors of chocolate and coffee are too strong together, which is why I stick to vanilla. This way you can taste the coffee better.
Picking the Ingredients for Cold Coffee Recipe
I have used Bru Gold instant coffee for this cold coffee recipe. I like this brand the most because it has a deeper, fuller flavors than most instant coffee brands. For chocolate, I am using Dairy Milk, because everybody can get is so easily everywhere. If you love premium chocolates and have some at hand, using them to garnish the cold coffee would definitely be nicer. I have Hershey’s chocolate syrup. You could use Amul’s too if you cannot find Hershey’s. Both of them are good.
Making Coffee Concentrate – Yes or No?
Some people like to make a cold coffee concentrate by brewing coffee with water. I feel that adding concentrate to the milk yields coffee with thinner consistency, marring it richness. Besides, some people get headaches if they drink hot chocolate or hot coffee. On the other hand, they experience no headaches upon enjoying cold coffee made with ground coffee and cold chocolate milk. That’s because some active ingredients in cocoa and coffee get activated upon heating. So adding ground coffee directly to the milk without brewing it first makes more sense.
More Beverage Recipes
- Indian Masala Chai Recipe
- Muskmelon & Honeydew Milkshake Recipe
- Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
- Aam Panna Recipe / Raw Mango Cooler Recipe
- Banana & Figs Milkshake
The preparation for cold coffee recipe is extremely easy. Let’s see how to make cold coffee with ice cream at home.
How to Make Cold Coffee Recipe with Ice Cream
- Whole milk - 2 cups (500 ml)
- Bru Gold Instant Coffee - 4 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 7 tbsp or to taste
- Vanilla ice cream - 2 scoops
- Hershey's chocolate syrup for decoration (Or any other good brand)
- Grated Dairy Milk chocolate for the garnish (Or any other good quality chocolate)
- Combine powdered sugar and Bru Gold instant coffee in the blender.
- Add milk to it.
- Pulse it for 5-6 seconds (or a bit longer depending on your blender) so that everything is well-combined. Do not blend for longer. Otherwise, the fat from the milk will separate and the coffee will become watery.
- Decorate the sides of the tall cold coffee glasses with some chocolate syrup. Do not use a lot of it.
- Gently pour in the coffee into the glasses.
- Top the cold coffee with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Grate some chocolate over it.
- Cold coffee recipe with ice cream is ready. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Cold Coffee Recipe with Ice Cream with Step by Step Pictures Below
Combine 7 tbsp (or to taste) powdered sugar and 4 tsp Bru Gold instant coffee in the blender.
Add 2 cups (500 ml) whole milk to it.
Pulse it for 5-6 seconds (or a bit longer depending on your blender) so that everything is well-combined. Do not blend for longer. Otherwise, the fat from the milk will separate and the coffee will become watery.
Decorate the sides of the tall cold coffee glasses with some good quality chocolate syrup. Do not use a lot of it.
Gently pour in the coffee into the glasses.
Top the cold coffees with a scoop of vanilla ice cream each.
Grate some good quality chocolate over it. Here I have Cadbury’s Dairy Milk.
Cold coffee recipe with ice cream is ready. Serve immediately. Enjoy!