kala chana chaat recipe | chana chaat recipe
Sprouts area healthy addition to your diet and it’s convenient to have some good recipes at hand. Salads, curries, khichdi, pulao; there are so many ways to incorporate different kinds of sprouts in your meals. There is so much variety when it cmes to sprouts; moong sprouts, kala chana sprouts, matki sprouts, or mixed sprouts. All of them are delicious and wholesome.
If you are looking for a healthy snack recipe, you are in for a treat. Kala chana chaat is quick and easy snack that you can make for evening snack. Kala chana are the black chickpeas. This chana chaat goes really well with chai. Besides, it pairs well with beer as munchies too.
You can make sprouted kala chana at home very easily. I have shared the method of making kala chana sprouts here – how to make kala chana sprouts.
how to prepare sprouted chana chaat
Like any sprouts recipe, the chana chaat recipe starts with boiling the kala chana until soft. You then need to drain it and let it cool to room temperature. Kala chana is then combined with the usual chaat ingredients like green chilies, onions, tomatoes, and fresh coriander. There are some more ingredients that make this kala chana chaat recipe so special. Those are raw mango or kachcha aam, little bit of boondi, and makhmali sev.
The makhmali sev absorbs the juices and spices and coats the kala chana, making it taste even more beautiful. The ground spices like red chili, bhuna jeera, and chaat masala add zing to the chana chaat. A squeeze of lime adds to its tanginess. The final garnish of pomegranate adds an endearing vibrance to the chana chaat.
more sprouts recipes
Now let’s see how to make black chana chaat recipe.
how to make kala chana chaat recipe
- Sprouted kala chana / black chickpeas - 2 cups, boiled with some salt, and drained
- Onion - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Raw mango - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2 or to taste, finely chopped
- Roasted cumin powder / bhuna jeera - ½ tsp
- Chaat masala - ¼ tsp
- Byadgi red chili powder - ½ tsp or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Khaari boondi - 2 tbsp
- Makhmali sev - 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Pomegranate - for garnish (optional)
- First of all, take sprouted kala chana in a bowl. It has been boiled with some salt in a pressure cooker. Then it is drained and allowed to cool off to room temperature.
- Add the onion, tomato, raw mango, and green chilies to the chana. Give it a mix.
- Season it with byadgi red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, and some salt.
- Add the lemon juice. Mix.
- Finally, add the khaari boondi, makhmali sev and fresh coriander. Mix gently.
- Chana chaat recipe is ready.
- Dish out the chana chaat onto the serving plates. Garnish it with some more boondi and sev, as well as some pomegranate. Enjoy!
chana chaat recipe with step by step pictures below
First of all, take 2 cups of sprouted kala chana in a bowl. It has been boiled with some salt in a pressure cooker. Then it is drained and allowed to cool off to room temperature.
Add 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp finely chopped tomato, 2 tbsp finely chopped raw mango, and 2 finely chopped green chilies to the chana. Give it a mix.
Season the chana with 1/2 tsp byadgi red chili powder, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1/4 tsp chaat masala, and some salt.
Add 1 tsp (or to taste) lemon juice. Mix.
Finally, add 2 tbsp khaari boondi, 2 tbsp makhmali sev, and 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander.
Mix gently. Chana chaat recipe is ready.
Dish out the chana chaat onto the serving plates. Garnish it with some more boondi and sev, as well as some pomegranate. Enjoy!